|July 22, 2021 – The countdown begins for a new season…and a new normal! Lacing up to hit the ice for puck drop on October 12, Sportsnet today unveils its 2021-22 national NHL broadcast schedule, complete with more than 160 exclusive English-language matchups set to air coast-to-coast-to-coast. Available to Canadian hockey fans across Sportsnet’s TV channels and SN NOW, Sportsnet’s national NHL coverage returns with its three marquee broadcast nights: Hockey Night in Canada, Scotiabank Wednesday Night Hockey, and Rogers Hometown Hockey – now on Mondays. (Full schedule attached and available here).
Complementing the network’s exclusive slate of must-see national broadcasts, Sportsnet also serves up 190+ regional matchups this season as the official regional TV and streaming broadcast rights holder for the Edmonton Oilers, Calgary Flames, Vancouver Canucks, and Toronto Maple Leafs. Regional schedule details will be announced at a later date.
As Canada’s ultimate hockey destination, key highlights of Sportsnet’s national NHL broadcast schedule include:
Scotiabank Wednesday Night Hockey – Wednesdays
- Wednesday nights return with a bang on Oct. 13, serving up an all-Canadian double-header – Toronto vs. Montreal and Vancouver vs. Edmonton.
- The midweek broadcast serves up 36 national matchups this season, with all but two Wednesday nights featuring a Canadian team in action.
Hockey Night in Canada – Saturdays
- The tradition continues with 95 national matchups starting Oct. 16, including 37 divisional matchups and the Seattle Kraken’s first-ever home game on October 23.
- Scotiabank Hockey Day in Canada returns on January 29 for a 13.5-hour broadcast marathon featuring all Canadian teams in action.
Rogers Hometown Hockey – Mondays
- The weekly celebration of hockey, community, and storytelling returns on a new night (Mondays) starting Oct. 18
- Locations and on-site activity details to be announced at a later date
In addition to the network’s marquee nights, Sportsnet’s national 2021-22 season schedule includes every can’t-miss NHL event:
- NHL Winter Classic – January 1 (Minneapolis, MN)
- 2022 Honda NHL All-Star Weekend – February 4-5 (Las Vegas, NV)
- 2022 NHL Stadium Series – February 26 (Nashville, TN)
- 2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs & 2022 Stanley Cup Final
Complete TV channel allocations and start times will be announced on a week-to-week basis. Additional details of Sportsnet’s 2021-22 season coverage, including full regional broadcast schedules and 100+ US-US matchups, will be announced at a later date. No decision has been made to this point regarding the participation of NHL Players in the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics. Subject to reaching an agreement with the NHL Players’ Association and the International Ice Hockey Federation, the NHL has agreed to pause from Feb. 7-22, 2022 to accommodate participation, with the regular season resuming on Wednesday, Feb. 23. If there is no NHL Player participation in the Olympics, a revised Regular Season schedule will be released.
Social Media Links
Official website, Sportsnet sportsnet.ca
Like Sportsnet Facebook.com/Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Twitter @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Instagram @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet PR @SportsnetPR
Sportsnet is Canada’s #1 sports network. Uniting Canadians through sport, Sportsnet’s multimedia offerings include Sportsnet (consisting of 4 regional channels: East, Ontario, West, and Pacific), Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet 360, Sportsnet World, the Sportsnet Radio Network, Sportsnet.ca , Sportsnet NOW, SN NOW+, the Sportsnet app, and podcasts. Sportsnet is the official Canadian NHL national multiplatform rights holder, and is the regional broadcaster for the Vancouver Canucks, Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers, and Toronto Maple Leafs. Sportsnet also has extensive coverage of the Toronto Blue Jays and Toronto Raptors, as well as NBA, MLB, Grand Slam of Curling, National Bank Open, CHL, IndyCar, WWE, Super League Rugby, Premiership Rugby, Bundesliga, FA Women’s Super League, and FA Cup. Sportsnet is part of Rogers Sports & Media, which is a subsidiary of Rogers Communications Inc. (TSX, NYSE: RCI). Visit Sportsnet.ca.
Meghann Cox, email@example.com (m) 416.258.3296
Jason Jackson, Jason.firstname.lastname@example.org, (m) 416-602-4033