October 12, 2021 – Starting tonight, Sportsnet is returning to the rink to give Canadian hockey fans a front-row seat to the sport they love.
As the puck drops on the season, Sportsnet is hitting screens big and small across the country to deliver exclusive national coverage of the NHL’s brightest stars and most exciting moments, headlined by the network’s marquee broadcasts – Scotiabank Wednesday Night Hockey, Hockey Night in Canada on Saturday and Rogers Hometown Hockey, now on Monday. (Full broadcast team assignments below.)
The NHL on Sportsnet has a new look and sound this hockey season, centered around the unveiling of the network’s cutting-edge, future-first Sportsnet Studios on Wednesday night. Opening week coverage also showcases redesigned in-broadcast graphics and ticker, plus new theme music by Canadian alternative-rock band Ubiquitous Synergy Seeker.
Complementing end-to-end NHL coverage across the network’s TV, streaming, mobile and audio platforms, Sportsnet’s all-star roster of insiders, writers and content creators have fans coast-to-coast-to-coast covered with the content that matters most to them. Highlights include:
- Watch a Leafs Game with Steve Dangle – The post-season viral hit returns for the regular season. Die-hard blue & white fan Dangle is set to live stream every Leafs game on Saturday nights throughout the season, exclusively on Sportsnet’s YouTube channel.
- 32 Thoughts Podcast with Elliotte Friedman and Jeff Marek – The fan-favourite podcast returns for another season – and one more thought! – complete with exclusive sit-downs with NHL stars and inside analysis on the latest headlines. Plus, the conversation continues Saturday nights during the second intermission of Hockey Night in Canada.
- Real Kyper and Bourne – NHL alum Nick Kypreos teams up with hockey analyst Justin Bourne to bring fans the preeminent Leafs podcast. Stream the latest episodes live from anywhere in Canada on the Sportsnet app or catch the conversation later on-demand.
- The Jeff Marek Show – InsiderJeff Marek and a rotating cast of contributors break down the latest headlines during this new national NHL show. Tune in daily across the Sportsnet Radio Network and available on-demand during the hockey season.
- Sportsnet Social – Popular content creators Zac Bell and Jillian Fisher join the Sportsnet social media team this season to serve up can’t-miss videos.
- Sportsnet.ca – Big Reads, season previews, breaking news, opinion, plus insights from Canada’s top hockey writers: Iain MacIntyre (VAN), Eric Francis (CGY), Mark Spector (EDM), Ken Wiebe (WPG), Luke Fox (TOR), Wayne Scanlan (OTT) and Eric Engels (MTL).
Details of NHL on Sportsnet opening week include:
Tuesday, Oct. 12
7:30 p.m. ET / 4:30 p.m. PT – Pittsburgh Penguins @ Tampa Bay Lightning (Sportsnet & SN NOW)
Feature: Colby Armstrong sits down with Sidney Crosby and Alexander Ovechkin for their first interview together since their rookie season.
10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT – Seattle Kraken @ Vegas Golden Knights (Sportsnet & SN NOW)
Wednesday, Oct. 13
6:30 p.m. ET / 3:30 p.m. PT – Scotiabank Wednesday Night Hockey (Sportsnet & SN NOW)
Feature – Christine Simpson returns for a new season of The Big Picture, featuring interviews with close friends Jon Cooper and Charles Barkley.
- 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT – Montreal Canadiens @ Toronto Maple Leafs (Sportsnet, Sportsnet 360 & SN NOW)
- 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT – Winnipeg Jets @ Anaheim Ducks (Sportsnet 360 & SN NOW)
- 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT – Vancouver @ Edmonton (Sportsnet & SN NOW | Sportsnet 650)
Thursday, Oct. 14
6:30 p.m. ET / 3:30 p.m. PT – Hockey Central (Sportsnet 360 & SN NOW)
- Host: Cameron; Analysts: Mike Futa and Justin Bourne
7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT – Pittsburgh Penguins @ Florida Panthers (Sportsnet 360 & SN NOW)
Friday, Oct. 15
6:30 p.m. ET / 3:30 p.m. PT – Hockey Central (Sportsnet ONE & SN NOW)
- Host: Cameron; Analysts: Sam Cosentino & Stewart
7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT – Vancouver Canucks @ Philadelphia Flyers (Sportsnet ONE & SN NOW | Sportsnet 650)
- TV & Stream – Play-by-play: John Shorthouse; Analyst: John Garrett; Reporter: Dan Murphy
- SN650 – Play-by-play: Batchelor; Analysts: Hirsch and Shah
Saturday, Oct. 16
6:30 p.m. ET / 3:30 p.m. PT – Hockey Night in Canada (Sportsnet, Citytv, CBC & SN NOW)
Hosts Ron MacLean and Amber return to the Saturday night special, alongside analysts Friedman, Hrudey, Bieksa and Jennifer Botterill. Jeff Marek debuts as a regular Hockey Night in Canada contributor for the weekly 32 Thoughts segment with Friedman during second intermission.
Feature – Sportsnet’s Cabbie Richards joins Connor McDavid for a walk-and-talk at Rogers Arena and experiences a day in the life of #97.
- 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT – Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs (Sportsnet Ontario, Sportsnet West, CBC, OMNI & SN NOW | Sportsnet 590 the FAN)
- 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT – New York Rangers @ Montreal Canadiens (Sportsnet East, Citytv and SN NOW)
- 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT – Vancouver Canucks @ Detroit Red Wings (Sportsnet Pacific & SN NOW | Sportsnet 650)
- TV & Stream – Play-by-play: Shorthouse; Analyst: Garrett; Reporter: Murphy
- SN650 – Play-by-play: Batchelor; Analysts: Hirsch and Shah
- 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT – Calgary Flames @ Edmonton Oilers (Sportsnet, CBC, OMNI & SN NOW | Sportsnet 960)
- 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT – Winnipeg Jets @ San Jose Sharks (Sportsnet West & SN NOW)
- Play-by-play: Ball; Analyst: Campbell-Pascall; Reporter: Reynolds
- After Hours (Sportsnet, CBC & SN NOW)
- Host: Oake
Monday, Oct. 18
6:30 p.m. ET / 3:30 p.m. PT – Rogers Hometown Hockey (Sportsnet & SN NOW)
- 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT – New York Rangers @ Toronto Maple Leafs (Sportsnet & SN NOW)
- Play-by-play: Cuthbert; Analyst: Simpson; Reporter: Bukauskas
Sportsnet is Canada’s #1 sports network. Uniting Canadians through sport, Sportsnet’s multimedia offerings include Sportsnet (consisting of 4 regional channels: East, Ontario, West, and Pacific), Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet 360, Sportsnet World, the Sportsnet Radio Network, Sportsnet.ca, Sportsnet NOW, SN NOW+, the Sportsnet app, and podcasts. Sportsnet is the official Canadian NHL national multiplatform rights holder, and is the regional broadcaster for the Vancouver Canucks, Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers, and Toronto Maple Leafs. Sportsnet also has extensive coverage of the Toronto Blue Jays and Toronto Raptors, as well as NBA, MLB, Grand Slam of Curling, National Bank Open presented by Rogers, IndyCar, WWE, Super League Rugby, Premiership Rugby, Bundesliga, FA Women’s Super League, and FA Cup. Sportsnet is part of Rogers Sports & Media, which is a subsidiary of Rogers Communications Inc. (TSX, NYSE: RCI). Visit Sportsnet.ca.