– Sportsnet remains Canada’s exclusive multiplatform home of everything Blue Jays –
– PLUS: Sportsnet serves up Spring Training games on television and radio –
March 18, 2022 – Hey Canada, it’s time to play ball! As the Toronto Blue Jays get back into the swing of things, Sportsnet is heading to the ballpark to deliver the sights, sounds and spectacle of summer throughout the 2022 MLB season. From the first pitch of Opening Night through to the end of the Postseason, Sportsnet is once again serving up exclusive coverage of everything Blue Jays to Canadian baseball fans across the network’s TV, streaming, audio and online platforms.
The Blue Jays on Sportsnet season gets underway Friday, April 8 with a long-awaited Opening Night vs. Texas Rangers at Rogers Centre. Coverage begins at 5 p.m. ET / 2 p.m. PT with a special edition of Tim & Friends with host Tim Micallef from the third-base line, followed by a one-hour edition of Blue Jays Central with Jamie Campbell and Joe Siddall on Sportsnet and SN NOW. On radio, the Opening Night lineup kicks off with The FAN Drive Time with Ben Ennis and Stephen Brunt at 5 p.m. ET / 2 p.m. PT across the Sportsnet Radio Network, followed by live game coverage from Toronto at 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT.
In addition to regular season coverage, Sportsnet is heading south to Dunedin this month to deliver coverage Spring Training matchups across the network’s TV, streaming and audio platforms, starting Saturday. (Full Spring Training broadcast schedule below and full regular season broadcast schedule available here).
Covering Canada’s bases across all network platforms, Sportsnet’s exclusive coverage of the Blue Jays includes:
TV & Stream
- From the booth – As Canada’s favourite voices of summer, Dan Shulman, Buck Martinez and Pat Tabler share play-by-play and analysis duties for all Sportsnet broadcasts through the regular season
- At the Desk – Host Jamie Campbell and analyst Joe Siddall return to Blue Jays Central throughout each game and serve up pre-and-post-game analysis
- On the field – Reporters Arash Madani and Hazel Mae deliver the latest news from the Blue Jays clubhouse and dugout throughout the season
Radio & On-Demand
- From the booth – Ben Wagner is back behind the microphone to deliver the play-by-play call across the Sportsnet Radio Network
- Blair & Barker – Baseball insiders Jeff Blair and Kevin Barker keep fans up-to-date on the latest news, insights and analysis on Blair and Barker. Starting April 4, fans can tune-in live from 10 a.m. to Noon ET on Sportsnet 590 The FAN and catch-up on the latest episode of the top Blue Jays podcast in Canada on-demand.
- Jays Talk – Blair and Barker pull double duty as hosts of Jays Talk, wrapping up each game with interviews, analysis and insights on Sportsnet 590 The FAN and on-demand.
- At The Letters – The fan-favourite Blue Jays podcast returns for the 2022 season with hosts Ben Nicholson-Smith and Arden Zwelling. Fans can catch up on the latest on ca.
Sportsnet.ca & SN App
- The Insiders – Sportsnet’s Shi Davidi, Nicholson-Smith, and Zwelling deliver details from the diamond, including exclusive interviews, breaking news and leading analysis
Beginning now until April 11, fans can save $30 on an annual pass for SN NOW Standard and live stream the Blues Jays, plus other marquee MLB matchups, the MLB Postseason and World Series, and hours of exclusive Blue Jays on Sportsnet original content. At just $119.99 (+HST) for a 12-month pass, SN NOW is Canada’s premier destination for streaming the Blue Jays.
2022 Blue Jays on Sportsnet – Spring Training Broadcast Schedule
*Audio coverage of select games to stream live on sportsnet.ca and on the SN app
- Saturday, March 19 – Toronto @ Philadelphia, 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT (Sportsnet East, Ontario & Pacific, SN NOW)
- Sunday, March 20 – Pittsburgh @ Toronto, 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT (Sportsnet & SN NOW | Sportsnet Radio Network, sportsnet.ca & SN app)
- Monday, March 21 – Toronto @ Detroit, 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT (Sportsnet ONE & SN NOW | Sportsnet.ca & SN app)
- Tuesday, March 22 – New York Yankees @ Toronto, 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT (Sportsnet & SN NOW | Sportsnet.ca & SN app)
- Wednesday, March 23 – Toronto @ Philadelphia, 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT (Sportsnet & SN NOW | Sportsnet.ca & SN app)
- Thursday, March 24 – Atlanta @ Toronto, 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT (Sportsnet & SN NOW | sportsnet.ca & SN app)
- Friday, March 25 – Detroit @ Toronto, 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT (Sportsnet & SN NOW | sportsnet.ca & SN app)
- Saturday, March 26 – Toronto @ New York Yankees, 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT (Sportsnet & SN NOW | Sportsnet Radio Network, sportsnet.ca & SN app)
- Sunday, March 27 – Philadelphia @ Toronto, 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT (Sportsnet & SN NOW | Sportsnet Radio Network, sportsnet.ca & SN app)
- Monday, March 28 – Toronto @ Atlanta, 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT (Sportsnet & SN NOW| Sportsnet.ca & SN app)
- Wednesday, March 30 – Toronto @ New York Yankees, 6:30 p.m. ET / 3:30 p.m. PT (SN NOW | sportsnet.ca & SN app)
- Thursday, March 31 – Detroit @ Toronto, 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT (Sportsnet & SN NOW | sportsnet.ca & SN app)
- Friday, April 1 – Toronto @ Pittsburgh, 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT (Sportsnet & SN NOW | sportsnet.ca & SN app)
- Saturday, April 2 – Philadelphia @ Toronto, 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT (Sportsnet & SN NOW | Sportsnet Radio Network)
- Sunday, April 3 – New York Yankees @ Toronto, 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT (Sportsnet & SN NOW | Sportsnet Radio Network)
- Monday, April 4 – Toronto @ Detroit, 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT (Sportsnet & SN NOW)
Social Media Links
Official website, Sportsnet sportsnet.ca
Like Sportsnet Facebook.com/Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Twitter @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Instagram @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet PR @SportsnetPR
Sportsnet is Canada’s #1 sports network. Uniting Canadians through sport, Sportsnet’s multimedia offerings include Sportsnet (consisting of four regional channels: East, Ontario, West, and Pacific), Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet 360, Sportsnet World, the Sportsnet Radio Network, Sportsnet.ca, SN NOW, the Sportsnet app, and podcasts. Sportsnet is the official Canadian NHL national multiplatform rights holder, and is the regional broadcaster for the Vancouver Canucks, Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers, and Toronto Maple Leafs. Sportsnet also has extensive coverage of the Toronto Blue Jays and Toronto Raptors, as well as NBA, MLB, Grand Slam of Curling, National Bank Open presented by Rogers, FIBA, WWE, IndyCar, Super League Rugby, Premiership Rugby, Bundesliga, FA Women’s Super League, and FA Cup. Sportsnet is part of Rogers Sports & Media, which is a subsidiary of Rogers Communications Inc. (TSX, NYSE: RCI). Visit Sportsnet.ca.