– Canada’s #1 sports media brand to introduce exclusive sports betting content under banner of SN Bets across TV, audio, social, digital and web, starting today –
April 4, 2022 – Sportsnet is raising the stakes! With the legalization of single-game sports betting continuing to roll out across Canada, Sportsnet is upping its game with Wager Week, a multiplatform introduction to Sportsnet’s sports betting content brand, SN Bets, across the network’s TV, audio, social, digital and web channels starting today through to April 10.
From live broadcasts to original programming and digital products, Wager Week delivers an exclusive first look at new, interactive and immersive SN Bets content. Anchored by Cabbie Richards and the SN Bets squad on Twitter, Instagram and TikTok, the multiplatform content rollout will serve up the sports betting information, analysis and entertainment that Canadian sports fans are looking for (see highlights below).
“Wager Week is just the beginning of what Sportsnet viewers, fans and followers can expect from us,” said Sam Nasrawi, Senior Director of Original Content, Sportsnet. “Combining the network’s sports media assets and premier sports rights with our ability to create world-class original content across all platforms, Sportsnet is laying the foundation to become the #1 sports betting content and information destination for Canadian sports fans for years to come.”
“Whether you’re new to the betting space or already an active participant, our SN Bets squad is going to be there every step of the way with Canadian sports fans – riding through the highs and lows of the betting world together,” said Richards, Executive Producer of Betting Content, Sportsnet. “We are looking to form a community of engaged fans and become the place people want to go to interact with us about their betting experiences. We want to be fun, fresh, entertaining and informative all while ensuring we educate audiences about knowing their limits and playing responsibly.”
SN Bets content across Sportsnet platforms will promote responsible gaming practices both within the narrative of the content itself and by providing resources online where people can seek out help and support if necessary. To see all SN Bets and Wager Week content released to-date, visit sportsnet.ca/snbets/.
Wager Week highlights across Sportsnet’s TV, audio, social and digital platforms include:
TV & SN NOW
- Live Event Broadcasts – Cabbie and the squad will make guest appearances during pre-game or intermission coverage of select game broadcasts on Sportsnet throughout the week.
- Ongoing – Regular sports betting segments on Tim & Friends and Sportsnet Central.
Audio – Available daily across Sportsnet Radio Network and sportsnet.ca
- Wake and Rake – Begin every day with the Wake and Rake betting segment, available on The FAN Morning Show on Sportsnet 590 The FAN or on demand.
- Coming Soon: SN Bets Daily Podcast – Coming to speakers near you, join the SN Bets squad as they dive into breaking sports headlines and betting trends every morning at 10 a.m. ET. Episodes to be available for download online.
Social – Available daily across SN Bets Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Facebook accounts
- SN Bets Testimonials – For novice bettors and experts alike, explore the culture of sports betting with SN Bets creators and Sportsnet talent, including Elliotte Friedman and Tim Micallef.
- SN Bets VS – The ultimate water cooler challenge, watch as the SN Bets squad faces off against Sportsnet broadcast favourites in the network’s battle for daily picks supremacy.
- Ride Alongs – Taking over Sportsnet’s social media accounts, SN Bets bring fans front-row for select NBA, NHL and MLB games while the squad makes a few wagers along the way.
- SN Creators – Riding along with the SN Bets crew, Sportsnet creators Jesse Jaurji, Emily Agard, Shea-Lynn Noyes and Kyle Parkinson are set to serve up original content throughout the week.
Social Media Links
Official website, Sportsnet sportsnet.ca
Like Sportsnet Facebook.com/Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Twitter @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Instagram @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet PR @SportsnetPR
Follow SN Bets on Twitter @SNBets
Follow SN Bets on Instagram @SNBets
Follow SN Bets on TikTok @SNBets
Sportsnet is Canada’s #1 sports network. Uniting Canadians through sport, Sportsnet’s multimedia offerings include Sportsnet (consisting of 4 regional channels: East, Ontario, West, and Pacific), Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet 360, Sportsnet World, the Sportsnet Radio Network, Sportsnet.ca, SN NOW, the Sportsnet app, and podcasts. Sportsnet is the official Canadian NHL national multiplatform rights holder, and is the regional broadcaster for the Vancouver Canucks, Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers, and Toronto Maple Leafs. Sportsnet also has extensive coverage of the Toronto Blue Jays and Toronto Raptors, as well as NBA, MLB, Grand Slam of Curling, National Bank Open presented by Rogers, FIBA, WWE, IndyCar, Super League Rugby, Premiership Rugby, Bundesliga, FA Women’s Super League, and FA Cup. Sportsnet is part of Rogers Sports & Media, which is a subsidiary of Rogers Communications Inc. (TSX, NYSE: RCI). Visit Sportsnet.ca.