CONTEST RULES (the “Official Rules”)
TOTALTV Trivia/RSM UPFRONT (the “Contest”)
These Official Rules govern the Contest. By participating or attempting to participate in the Contest, you will be deemed to have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by these Official Rules.
- WHO ARE THE SPONSORS?
The Contest is sponsored and administered by Rogers Communications Inc. or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates Rogers Media Inc. (“Rogers”)
Rogers and any co-sponsors of the Contest are referred to collectively or individually as the “Sponsors”.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with any third party social media or social networking service or site (each a “Third Party Service”), including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest should be directed to Rogers and not to any Third Party Service.
- WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO ENTER?
To be eligible to enter this Contest, an individual must:
Employees, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of the Sponsors or any of their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliates, any prize suppliers, any and all other companies associated with the Contest, a household member of any of the individuals listed above, whether or not related or members of the immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling) of the individuals listed above are not eligible to enter.
3. WHEN DOES THE CONTEST START/END?
You may enter the Contest between 2PM EST. on June 7th, 2022 and 11:59 p.m. on June 17th, 2022 (the “Entry Period”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no other entries shall be accepted. All times referenced in these Official Rules are EST.
- HOW DO I ENTER THE CONTEST?
No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. Enter using any of the methods of entry outlined below. No entries will be accepted by any other means.
To enter the Contest visit https://www.rogerssportsandmedia.com/ (the “Contest Website”) during the Entry Period and complete the online entry form QR code as instructed and follow the instructions.
If you are unable to scan a QR code please email RSM.Events@rci.rogers.com with your full name, email, company, title of the contest and the answers to the questions asked.
- HOW MANY TIMES MAY I ENTER THE CONTEST?
There is a limit of one entry per person/email address. By way of illustration, if two or more otherwise eligible individuals share a single email address, only one of them may enter the Contest; and, if an eligible individual has multiple email addresses, they may only enter the Contest once in respect of only one of those email addresses. In the case of multiple entries, only the first eligible entry will be considered.
- COULD MY ENTRY BE REFUSED OR REJECTED?
Your entry could be refused or rejected if:
- you attempt to enter the Contest in a fashion not authorized by these Official Rules;
- your entry contains false or misleading information, or is late, falsified, illegible, damaged or incomplete or otherwise irregular;
- your entry is submitted using robotic, automated, programmed, or other illicit means; or
- your entry is not in compliance with these Official Rules.
The Sponsors reserve the right to refuse any entry for any other reason as they may determine.
- WHAT ARE THE CONDITIONS OF ENTRY?
By entering the Contest:
- you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsors, which decisions are final, binding and conclusive;
- you represent and warrant that: (i) your entry, including any material comprising your entry (e.g. name, user name, profile picture, etc., as applicable) and any material submitted with your entry (e.g. photograph, video, written submission, or other form of submission, as applicable) (all such material, collectively, the “Entry Material”) is original to you, (ii) you have all necessary rights in and to your Entry Material to enter the Contest, including the consent of any third parties whose personal information is included in your Entry Material, and (iii) your Entry Material does not contain, depict, include or involve content that is, or could reasonably be considered to be, inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by the Sponsors;
- you understand and agree that your entry, including your Entry Material, will not be returned to you and may be moderated or edited by Rogers as it deems appropriate;
- you grant to the Sponsors the irrevocable right to use your Entry Material in any media worldwide and for any purpose related to the Contest (or any similar contest), including the right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, or create derivative works from, your Entry Material without notification, compensation or additional consideration to you;
- you waive all claims of moral rights in any use of your Entry Material by Rogers pursuant to the rights granted in these Official Rules;
- you waive and forever discharge the Sponsors, their respective parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries, any other companies associated with the Contest, and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, licensees, successors and assigns, as well as any Third Party Services, (collectively, the “Releasees”), and agree to indemnify and hold harmless each of the Releasees, from and against any and all claims, damages or liability, including any costs or losses related to personal injury, death, damage to or loss or destruction of property, arising out of, or in any way related to, (i) your participation in the Contest, (ii) the awarding, receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize, in whole or in part, including participating in travel or any activity related to the prize, (iii) the use of any Entry Material or Publicity Material (defined below) in accordance with the rights granted in these Official Rules, or (iv) any breach of these Official Rules; and
- WHAT ARE THE CONTEST PRIZES?
There are 241 prizes available to be won in the Contest, as follows:
There is one (1) trip prize available to be won in the Contest (“Trip Prize”), consisting of:
- Round-trip economy air transportation for the winner and one (1) guest (collectively, the “Travellers”) from the international airport within Canada closest to the winner’s residence (as determined by the Sponsors) to Los Angeles, CA (the “Destination”) on travel dates to be determined by the Sponsors; Trip date will be based on production schedule, estimated travel mid-end of September 2022.
- 1 hotel room (standard room, based on double occupancy) for 2 nights in or around the Destination at a hotel to be selected by the Sponsors;
- 2 tickets to Americas Got Talent Finale in Los Angeles, CA
The Trip Prize is valued at approximately (CDN $6000). Actual value may vary based on prize particulars, including but not limited to the departure city. The following terms and conditions apply to any Trip Prize awarded in this Contest:
- If the winner resides within 50 kilometres of the Destination, as determined by the Sponsors, air transportation will not be awarded and the Travellers will be solely responsible for any costs of transportation to and from the Destination (and no additional compensation or substitution will be awarded for any difference in prize value).
- The winner may be required to reserve the Trip Prize, or complete travel, by a particular date, as advised by the Sponsors. The Trip Prize is not eligible for frequent flyer miles. All bookings and/or reservations are subject to availability at the time of booking. Once reservations are made, they cannot be changed, unless otherwise determined by the Sponsors or prize suppliers.
- Each Traveller must have reached the age of majority in his or her province or territory of residence, unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Traveller may be required to present a valid major credit card upon check-in at the destination to cover any expenses above and beyond the standard room charge.
- If the winner elects to travel with a fewer number of guests than the number of guests provided in the prize description above, no additional compensation will be awarded under any circumstances.
- Tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuers. Blackout dates may apply (as advised by the Sponsors).
- The Travellers are responsible for: transportation to and from originating airport; travel and medical insurance; travel documentation; any and all applicable taxes; and any additional expenses not included in the prize.
- The Releasees are not responsible for any cancellations, alterations, delays, diversions or other changes to the trip itinerary, any costs or expenses incurred as a result of any changes to the trip itinerary, or any damages, loss or liability in the event any Traveller is denied the ability to travel, whether due to airport restrictions or otherwise.
- The Sponsors and prize suppliers have the right to disqualify or remove any Traveller from any activity at any time if they are at any point uncooperative, disruptive, abusive, unobservant of applicable rules, laws or regulations, or likely to cause or has caused damage to person, property, or the reputation of the Sponsors or prize suppliers.
There are 314 gift cardrizes available to be won, each consisting of $50-$500
Any winner is solely responsible for coordinating use of the prize and for all taxes, fees and/or any expenses not otherwise set forth herein. Prize may be subject to additional terms and conditions as imposed by issuer.
Each giftcard/promo code ranges approximate value of CDN $50-500
-150 SN NOW 3 month subscription valued at 50$ each (all provinces)
– 150 Fire sticks valued at 100$ each (all provinces)
– 5 Keg giftcards 50$ each (all provinces)
– 4 Koyman Gallery giftcard 500$ each (all provinces)
– 2 nights Fairmont Chateau Whistler + 4-some golf valued 4000$ (BC)
– 2 Day Pass Thermea Spa 130$ each (MB)
– 1 Sunrise Hot Air Ballon ride with champagne for 2ppl 400$ (AB)
– 1x return trip for 2 Victoria Harbour Air + 1 night stay at Hotel Grand Pacific. (BC)
– 1 Signed Bo Horvath jersey 300$ (BC)
– 1 giftcard to Joseph Richard Group 200$ (BC)
– 1 signed Sydney Crosby jersey 300$ ( all provinces)
– 1 signed Connor McDavid jersey 300$ (AB)
– 2 giftcards to Elmwood Spa 200$ each (ON)
– 16 Toronto Blue Jays tickets (8 pairs) each pair valued 200$ (ON)
– 2 Kalorik Maxx Air Fryer 300$ each (ON)
– 1 trip prize: details outlined section 8
- SN NOW 3 month subscription
- ARE THERE ANY PRIZE CONDITIONS?
All prize particulars will be determined by the Sponsors in their sole discretion. In addition to any prize conditions provided elsewhere in these Official Rules, any prize awarded in the Contest is subject to the following conditions:
- Except for gift cards, vouchers or cash prizes, the prize value in these Official Rules is approximate only. You will not be compensated if actual prize value is lower than the value quoted in these Official Rules;
- The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, with a prize or prize component of equal or greater value if the prize or any component thereof cannot be awarded for any reason.
- The prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred or resold, unless otherwise determined by the Sponsors. The prize may not be exactly as advertised. The prize is provided “as is” without representation or warranty of any kind by the Sponsors; and
- Any unused portion of the prize, including Trip Prizes, once awarded, will be deemed forfeited. A prize will not be replaced if lost, destroyed, mutilated or stolen or in the case of a Trip Prize, will not be replaced if not taken for any reason.
- ARE THERE ANY COVID-19 CONSIDERATIONS?
In addition to any conditions provided elsewhere in these Official Rules, your entry in this Contest and any prize awarded may be subject to the following conditions:
- you agree to comply with all applicable orders, directives, guidelines, COVID-19 procedures, COVID-19 related bylaws, and public health and safety regulations issued by federal, provincial and municipal authorities. Such guidelines and bylaws include without limitation, vaccination, quarantine, requirements related to hand sanitation, self-isolation, social and physical distancing, and use of face coverings as may be applicable.
- as may be applicable, potential winner and any guest(s) of the winner, may be required to complete and pass a COVID-19 questionnaire, provide proof of full vaccination (Covid-19 vaccine series at to be completed at least 14 days before prize fulfilment) and provide proof COVID-19 testing result(s) (i.e. PCR or Antigen).
Due to present circumstances around COVID-19, if any of the prizes awarded in this Contest include namely but not limited to, tickets to concerts/shows, a meet and greet, an invitation to attend an event in person (“Event(s)”), the Events are subject to change. Venues and event organizers do implement safety requirements which you will need to accept and comply with in order to attend an Event. Sponsors assumes no liability for denied entry for any reason or for the cancellation, postponement or rescheduling of an Event. The winner and any guest(s) of the winner assume full liability for any risks incurred before, during and after the Event. Please check with the venue, event organizer or ticket provider for information prior to attending an Event.
- HOW WILL THE POTENTIAL WINNER(S) BE SELECTED?
On June 27th , 2022 at approximately 12:00PM EST in Toronto, Ontario Rogers will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries received. All) entrant(s) will be randomly selected as a potential winner and notified using the information provided at the time of entry. In the event a potential winner does not respond to such notification within three (3) business days, declines a prize for any reason, or does not meet the requirements set forth in these Official Rules, as determined by the Sponsors in their sole discretion, the potential winner will be disqualified and, time permitting, an alternate potential winner may be randomly selected from among remaining eligible entries.
In addition to the above, a potential winner will be disqualified and a new alternate potential winner will be selected, time permitting, if one of the following occur to or by the potential winner and/or their guest(s) or social circle, as applicable:
- experiencing COVID symptoms consistent with COVID-19 (such as, but not limited to, cough, shortness of breath, fever or any common cold or flu-like symptoms)
- have a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19
- have come in contact in the last fourteen (14) days with a person who has been confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19
- have returned from travelling outside of Canada in the last 14 days or
- have been instructed to self-isolate by a Public Health Agency, medical professional, any other authority.
If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Official Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible prize claimants after the Contest’s closing date to award the correct number of prizes.
- HOW CAN A POTENTIAL WINNER BECOME A WINNER?
Before being declared a winner, a potential winner must:
- correctly answer, without assistance, a time-limited, skill-testing question to be administered by the Sponsors;
- be in compliance with these Official Rules;
- sign and return, within any designated time period, a release of liability and consent to publicity form (the “Release Form”) and any other documentation as reasonably required. If the potential winner is a minor, their parent or legal guardian must sign and return the Release Form. The Sponsors may require winner’s guest(s) to sign and return, within any designated time period, a Release Form and any other documentation as reasonably required, as a pre-condition to participation in the prize. In the event any guest is a minor, the parent or legal guardian of the guest will be required to sign and return such paperwork on behalf of the minor guest; and
- at the request of the Sponsors, provide proof of identification to confirm eligibility or to claim a prize, or provide proof that they are the authorized account holder of any account associated with the selected entry.
- WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF WINNING A PRIZE?
The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- HOW DO I CLAIM A PRIZE?
Once a potential winner is confirmed as a winner, prize distribution will be promptly coordinated. Except as otherwise indicated by the Sponsors, a winner must personally take delivery of the prize as instructed within fourty-five (45) days of being notified that such prize is available or within such other time period as may reasonably be advised. If a winner fails to take delivery of the prize as instructed, the prize will be deemed forfeited.
- WILL I APPEAR IN ANY PUBLICITY IF I AM A WINNER?
If you are a winner, the Sponsors may require you to appear in publicity related to the Contest or to any similar contest. By accepting a prize you:
- grant to the Sponsors the irrevocable right to record, photograph or otherwise capture or document you, your likeness, your voice, or any statements you make regarding the Contest or the prize, by any available means;
- agree that any such captured material, together with your biographical information, such as name or place of residence, or your Entry Material (collectively, all such materials, the “Publicity Material”) may be used by the Sponsors or their licensees, successors, or assigns (collectively, the “Publicity Parties”) in any media, whether now known or later devised, worldwide and in perpetuity, for advertising or promotional purposes related to the Contest or any similar contest. Any such use of the Publicity Material may include the reproduction, modification, adaptation, translation or creation of derivative works from your Entry Material;
- acknowledge that the Publicity Parties shall not be required to compensate you, notify you, or request your permission in connection with their use of any Publicity Material, unless otherwise prohibited by law; and
- waive any rights that you may have or that may otherwise exist in connection with any use of the Publicity Material by any of the Publicity Parties, including any moral rights in any such Publicity Material.
- HOW WILL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION BE COLLECTED, USED AND DISCLOSED?
Your personal information may be disclosed to a third party in the following circumstances:
- in accordance with these Official Rules, or with your consent, or as otherwise permitted or required by law;
- you elect to receive Commercial Communications from a party other than Rogers;
- to coordinate the fulfillment or provision of the prize with a prize supplier; and/or
- if you have been asked to sign and return a Release Form or other documentation in accordance with the terms of these Official Rules, Rogers may disclose your personal information to any interested party, such as an entity who is released from liability.
- HOW DO THE RELEASEES LIMIT THEIR LIABILITY?
The Releasees assume no liability for the following:
- stolen, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, misdirected, lost, misrouted, scrambled, damaged, delayed, undelivered, mutilated, jumbled, or garbled entries, transmissions, email, mail, or other communications;
- any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission, processing, or communication;
- failures or malfunctions of, or difficulties with, computer hardware or software, telephones, telephone lines, telephone systems, or network, cable, satellite, server, or website connections;
- printing, typographical, or other errors appearing within these Official Rules, in any Contest-related advertisements, or in Contest-related materials;
- incorrect or inaccurate information, including where caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated or used in connection with the Contest;
- injury or damage to any computer or other device resulting from or otherwise related to participation in the Contest, the use of any website, or the downloading or accessing of any materials;
- anyone being incorrectly or mistakenly identified as a winner or potential winner; and/or
- any other errors, problems or difficulties of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise, relating in any way to the Contest, including those errors, problems or difficulties that may relate to the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the advertising of the Contest, the announcement of any prize or prize winner, or the cancellation or postponement of any event.
- WHAT LAWS APPLY TO THE CONTEST?
The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- CAN THE SPONSORS CANCEL OR AMEND THE CONTEST?
The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify, or suspend the Contest or amend these Official Rules at any time, for any reason whatsoever, subject to prior approval by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, if legally required.
You may not amend these Official Rules in any way.
- COULD THE SPONSORS DISQUALIFY OR BAN SOMEONE FROM A CONTEST?
The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant from the Contest, or prevent any entrant from future participation in a contest, that has:
- resold or attempted to resell a prize, in whole or in part;
- tampered with or attempted to tamper with, or undermined or attempted to undermine, the legitimate operation of the Contest and/or the Contest Website;
- provided false or misleading information;
- acted in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any person; and/or
- otherwise violated these Official Rules.
- What HAPPENS if these official rules contradict other contest materials?
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between these Official Rules and disclosures or statements made by the Sponsors or appearing in other Contest-related materials, these Official Rules shall govern.
- What HAPPENS IF PART OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BECOMES UNENFORCEABLE OR DOES NOT APPLY?
If any part of these Official Rules is legally unenforceable or inapplicable, then that part will be deemed invalid; however, the remainder of these Official Rules will otherwise continue to be legally binding.